Name: The Terrace
Image Number: B01cdB19
Comments: The Terrace is a Victorian-style residence on Scottsville's Jackson Street, built in 1897 by Dr. and Mrs. David Pinckney Powers. Later The Terrace became the home of Miss Susie Blair after her retirement as a Professor of Speech and Drama at Hollins College. Susie was the grand- daughter of the Dr. and Mrs. Powers and shared her home with her two aunts, Met and Lucy Powers; Mrs. J.P. (Susie) Blair, Susie's widowed mother; and Kate Stith, a teaching friend of Lucy Powers. The home contained an extensive collection of Powers family and Scottsville memorabilia. When Scottsville Museum was dedicated on July 4, 1970, Susie Blair became a member of the Museum board and brought a store house of artifacts and memories to share.
Shown below is The Terrace today in 2001, looking very much the same as it did in 1897.
Copyright © 2001 by Scottsville Museum
WWII Esmont Search Policy
Scottsville Museum · 290 Main Street · Scottsville, Virginia 24590 · 434-286-2247
www.avenue.org/smuseum · [email protected]
Copyright © 2018 by Scottsville Museum