Scottsville MuseumPhoto ArchiveBusinessCemeteriesChurchEventsFloodsFor KidsHomesPortraitsPostcardsSchool
TransportationCivil War World War II Search

The Doll House

The Doll House

Name:  The Doll House

Date:  ca. 1920s

Image Number:  Roll7Neg4A

Comments:  The Doll House was a one-story frame house, built around 1810 or earlier, and once owned by Peter Field Jefferson, grandson of Thomas Jefferson's brother, Randolph.  Later the house was owned by Rev. John A. Doll, who co-founded the Union Baptist Church on Hardware Street with the Rev. Henry Smith in 1865.  The Doll House occupies Scottsville Lot 36 and faces Main Street.  Rev. Doll, and his wife, Sallie A. Doll, sold their house on Lot 36 to Henry W. Day on October 17, 1892 (Ablemarle Deed Book 98, p.170).  This home remained in the Day family through 1936.

Copyright © 2001 by Scottsville Museum

Image Located On:  Capturing Our Heritage, CDB7



Museum    Archive    Business    Cemeteries    Church    Events     Floods    For Kids   Homes     Portraits    Postcards    School    Transportation    Civil War    WWII

Search    Policy   

Scottsville Museum  ·  290 Main Street  ·  Scottsville, Virginia 24590  ·  434-286-2247  ·
© 2001 by Scottsville Museum