Scottsville MuseumPhoto ArchiveBusinessCemeteriesChurchEventsFloodsFor KidsHomesPortraitsPostcardsSchool
TransportationCivil War World War II Search

The Herndon House

The Tompkins House

Name:  The Sally Tompkins House

Date:  ca. 1969

Image Number:   B254cdB25

The Tompkins House, 2001

Comments:  The Sally Tompkins House is located just east of Valley Street at 180 Jackson Street.  It was built by Dr. Samuel W. Tompkins about 1835 and is a simply constructed, one and a half-storied brick house with chimneys on either end of the house.  Years ago, Scottsville's town well and water pump were located in front of this house.  Shown at right in a 2002 photo, the Tompkins house is one of 52 historic buildings in Scottsville's historic district and is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.

Copyright © 2001 by Scottsville Museum

Image Located On:  Capturing Our Heritage, CD B25



Museum    Archive    Business    Cemeteries    Church    Events     Floods    For Kids   Homes     Portraits    Postcards    School    Transportation    Civil War    WWII

Search    Policy   

Scottsville Museum  ·  290 Main Street  ·  Scottsville, Virginia 24590  ·  434-286-2247  ·
© 2001 by Scottsville Museum