Scottsville MuseumBurgessBusinessCemeteriesChurchEventsFloodsFor KidsHomesPortraitsPostcardsSchool
TransportationCivil War World War II Search


C. B. Harris and Co.

C. B. Harris and Co.

Name:  C. B. Harris and Co.

Date:  ca. 1920

Image Number:  B11cdB12

Comments:  The C.B. Harris Co. was a men's clothing store operated by Charles Bascom Harris, Jr. in Scottsville. Charles (1883-1959) was the grandson of Miletus Harris, a merchant and wheelwright, who owned this three-storied Harris Building by 1860.   Miletus also operated a mercantile store in this building, located across the street from the Scottsville Methodist Church on Main Street.  

Standing in the store's doorway with his left hand outstretched is Charles B. Harris, Jr.   Standing to the immediate left of Charles is John Briggs.

Copyright © 2001 by Scottsville Museum

Image Located On:  Capturing Our Heritage, CDB12
B11cdB12.tif
B11cdB12.jpg
B11cdB12.psd

 

         


Museum    Archive    Business    Cemeteries    Church    Events     Floods    For Kids   Homes     Portraits    Postcards    School    Transportation    Civil War   WWII

Search    Policy   


Scottsville Museum  ·  290 Main Street  ·  Scottsville, Virginia 24590  ·  434-286-2247
www.avenue.org/smuseum  · 
smuseum@avenue.org
Copyright
© 2001 by Scottsville Museum